Top 5 Solar Stories: The Good, the Bad and Everything in Between
This past year was full of ups, downs and major changes for the solar industry. We all learned a lot, and while the industry experienced some turmoil, solar’s popularity among consumers continues to be strong. According to a SEIA study, 9 out of 10 Americans think it’s important for the U.S. to develop solar power.
Over the course of 2012 we saw companies struggle with IPOs and share prices, closures and consolidations. At the same time we saw great accomplishments: the world’s largest solar plants in progress, solar taking hold in emerging markets, and continued solar job growth.
Top 5 Solar Stories of 2012
Here is a look at SMA’s list of the Top 5 Stories of 2012. These headlines are, in our opinion, some of the most significant to the industry during the past year.
1. China anti-dumping/tariffs: The Verdict
2. The London Olympics: Solar Energy Part of Greenest Olympics in History
3. Continued Growth of the World’s Largest Solar Plants
4. How Solar Restored Power through Hurricane Sandy
5. Re-election of U.S. President Barack Obama and what it means for solar
We know that 2013 will bring ongoing changes to the industry, and we also hope to see even more growth and positive news as we move forward as a smarter, wiser industry.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!